X-Cite® Featured Labs
X-Cite® users are spread across laboratories worldwide conducting ground-breaking research. It is
these labs that provide us with answers that will ultimately lead to cures for disease. We are proud to support these labs and share their
research in our “featured lab” section of the X-Cite
website. Below is our current featured lab, along with links to other laboratories who have given us permission to share their research. If
you would like your lab added to this section, please contact Dr. Kavita Aswani at email@example.com
Advanced Light Microscopy Facility (ALMF)
The Advanced Light Microscopy Facility (ALMF) at European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) in Heidelberg offers a collection of
state-of-the-art light microscopy equipment including high-content screening and accessory services. The EMBL is one of the world’s leading
research institutions, and Europe’s flagship laboratory for the life sciences. The ALMF was set up as a co-operation between the EMBL and
industry to improve communication between users and producers of high-end microscopy technology. The ALMF is one of the founders of the
ELMI (European Light Microscopy Initiative) a communication network between
European scientists working in the field of light microscopy and the manufacturers of their equipment.
Why we use X-Cite®?
- We have X-Cite light sources on several of our imaging systems. Not having to worry about the lamp and knowing that it does its job with minimal interference allows us to focus on imaging.
- Long lifetime and no need to realign the bulb ensure continuously high illumination quality and permit quantitative imaging.
- Innovative technologies, such as LED pulsing in X-Cite® XLED1, allow us to keep up with continuously evolving research applications.
- Assisting all EMBL groups and visitors throughout the process of microscopic imaging: planning of a project, sample preparation, staining, selection and use of the microscope, image processing,
presentation, data transfer and storage.
- Building a platform for communication between ‘high end’ users and manufacturers of microscopy equipment.
- Developing accessory software and microscopy equipment (co-developments with industrial partners, pre-evaluation of commercial equipment).
- Organizing internal and external microscopy courses and conferences.
- Facilitating hands-on evaluation of the microscopy equipment.
Previous X-Cite Featured Labs
Advanced Optical Microscopy Facility (AOMF)
With over 30 instruments and 4 staff members, the Advanced Optical Microscopy Facility (AOMF) at University Health Network in
Toronto is the largest optical microscopy facility in Canada and one...
The mission of our lab is to further our understanding of how cells communicate with each other, interpret cues from the environment
and neighboring cells, and ultimately process this information...
University of Iowa Central Microscopy Research Facility (CMRF)
The University of Iowa Central Microscopy Research Facility (CMRF) is a comprehensive, core imaging resource that continues a long
tradition of supporting the research needs of investigators in...
Other X-Cite User Lab Pages